Monday, January 25, 2010

Beautiful History

So I think it's appropriate that I start my blog officially with music and there's more to come. If you know me then music for me is something different. I can hear a song and it will stop me dead in my tracks. It will either empower, inspire, bring me to tears, or put a smile on my face. I can make a mix CD and every track can be thought out and tell whole CD will tell a story(audiophile/radio music director in me/overall music nerd) While Olivia was playing her music and playing a game I started checking out some of the new music being released to radio, and again a song stopped me. I have been a fan of Plumb for the better part of a decade she writes some amazing music. It is a very beautiful song musically and even better lyrically. If I can get the song up here I will but just an amazing song.
I have made mistakes
And I have been afraid
I have felt alone
Then you called my name
Things were crashing loudly
Happening all around me
But your still small voice
Was all that I could hear
“I am here
I’m holding you
You’ll make it through this
I am here
I am here”

Whenever you run away
Whenever you lose your faith
Its just another stroke of
The pen on the page
A lonely ray of hope
Is all that you need
To see
A beautiful history

Well I’ve been such a fool
When I have known the truth
I’ve wasted so much time
Doing what I wanted to
I’ve been living solely
For myself and myself only
But your still small voice
Is whispering

I toss and turn and scream
I try to do everything
With two feet on the ground
I just keep falling down again
I feel so far from home
Completely all alone
And then I hear you say

you can check out plumb at www.plumb.info
Cheers to more posts

No comments:

Post a Comment